✴️AVAILABLE NOW – DRPS Information Regarding COVID-19 Frauds & Scams✴️
READ MORE BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG
Protect yourself, beware of:
- Spoofed government, healthcare or research information
- Unsolicited calls, emails and texts giving medical advice or requesting urgent action or payment
- Unauthorized or fraudulent charities requesting money for victims, products or research
- Don’t be pressured into making a donation
- Verify that a charity is registered
- High-priced or low-quality products purchased in bulk by consumers and resold for profit
- These items may be expired and/or dangerous to your health
- Questionable offers, such as:
- miracle cures
- herbal remedies
- faster testing
- Fake and deceptive online ads, including:
- cleaning products
- hand sanitizers
- other items in high demand
- Cleaning and heating companies offering duct cleaning services or air filters to protect from COVID-19.
- Local and provincial hydro/electrical power companies threatening to disconnect your power for non-payment.
- Centres for Disease Control and Prevention, or the World Health Organization, offering fake lists for sale of COVID-19 infected people in your neighbourhood.
- Public Health Agency of Canada giving false results saying you have been tested positive for COVID-19 and/or tricking people into confirming health card/credit card numbers for a prescription.
- Red Cross (and other known charities) offering free medical products, like masks, for a donation.
- Government departments sending out COVID-19 themed phishing emails, tricking you into opening malicious attachments and/or revealing sensitive personal and financial details.
- Financial advisors pressuring people to invest in hot new stocks related to COVID-19 and/or offering financial aid/loads to help you get through the shut downs.
- Door-to-door sales people selling household decontamination services.
- Private companies selling fast COVID-19 tests and fraudulent products that claim to treat or prevent the virus.
Other Resources:2020.03.11 COVID-19
All we can do at this time is take deep breaths and respond in a way that serves you best. We hope that you know how much we care about our followers, members and the community at large and will continue to do our best to provide you with what we do best.
You will see us most active on the BOAA Facebook Page so please make sure you are connected with us there and share with your friends!
– Team BOAA 🙏🙏